currently giving my blog a facelift
- "You’re not like other girls." Shut the fuck up. (via cutely-perverted)
mainstream tumblr feminism may have many glaring faults but it has bred an army of teenage girls who understand the common ways that misogyny is reinforced in society and who know that they’re better off loving their fellow woman than fighting with her and that’s actually pretty damn revolutionary
When I was first starting the whole process of finding applying to colleges, I was blessed enough to attend one of the best charter schools in the country, with several great teachers and a CAP Advisor that put so much time and effort into helping us figure out what we were going to do with our futures. I know not everyone is so lucky to have access to the same sort of people or resources, so here’s a long masterpost of many useful links and lots of great information you can use. If you ever want advice or to talk about college, feel free to message me!
Guides and Articles to Help Decision Making and Overall Process
- For first-generation college students
- For finding colleges and scholarships (A MUST CLICK FOR ALL)
- Questions to ask yourself when deciding your major
- Should you double major?
- Is studying abroad right for you?
For High School Students
- Check out fee waivers for AP testing AND the SATs
- How do things change from high school to the real world?
- 11 college tips they won’t tell you in school
- 9 myths about college life that aren’t necessarily true
- 10 common mistakes made by college freshmen
- 15 tips on conquering your college freshmen fears
For Students in Florida
- MDC is a great+cheap place to start your college education
- Even better if you can apply and study in their Honors College
- Attending MDC? See if you can be an American Dream Scholar
- Check your eligibility for Bright Futures Scholarship
For College Students
- How to pass a college class
- What to do if you failed a class
- 10 college mistakes to avoid
- A student’s guide to surviving college finals
- A guide to surviving living on campus and having roommates
- What is the GED test?
- What is on the test?
- Free online GED prep course
- Sample GED test questions
- Free practice GED test
- Multiple free GED practice exams by 4Tests
- What is the SAT?
- When to take the test
- Register for the SAT (Ask your school for waivers if you can)
- Official SAT Question of the Day
- Official SAT practice questions
- Help donate rice to the hungry by answering practice questions
- 5 sources for free SAT Prep
- ACT Test 101
- Official ACT test prep
- ACT Question of the Day
- ACT practice questions and sample writing prompts
- Free ACT practice exam by 4Tests
- 7 sources for free ACT practice
- 21 strategies to improve your ACT score
- College financial aid terms defined
- What can I use the financial aid office for?
- Common financial aid myths
- Important college financial aid deadlines
- FAFSA deadlines by State
- 10 tips for getting the most out of college financial aid
- Apply for Federal Student Aid (Which you NEVER have to pay for)
- Paying for college with grants
- The ins and outs of scholarships
- Scholarship for women/POC studying to work in video games
- Student Loans 101
- Federal Student Aid - What you need to know about loans
- 8 tips for taking out student loans
- Volunteer for the community and get help paying off your loans
Saving, Managing, and Making Money
- Buying/renting textbooks/learning materials at really cheap prices
- 35 discounts your student ID could get you
- 5 way to relax for under $5
- Managing and saving money in college
- 5 ways to track your college expenses
- 20 different ways to make money in college
- You can travel cheaper as a student
- Youth and student discount cards
- 4 tips for creating the perfect class schedule
- Do research on the professors of the classes you want to take
- Tips for Using the Rate My Professor Website
High-Quality Studying+Productivity Resources (FOR FREE!)
- Free lecture notes, textbooks, exams, and videos from MIT
- Khan Academy - Free for everyone, everywhere, about everything
- Take your notes and flashcards with you everywhere you go
- Help donate rice to the hungry by studying any of these subjects
- 6 free online courses that can improve your life
- 25 apps college students shouldn’t live without
- 10 study tips to improve your learning
- 23 science-backed study tips
- Intense study tips
- Improve your studying skills
- How to get motivated to study
- Google smarter
- Getting even more out of Google
- Project Gutenberg offers over 45,000 free eBooks
Writing Essays + Papers
- The 5 best free word processors
- Writing resources to use use general
- When you’re not sure where to capitalize in a title
- Help in building your works cited
- For when you need even more help making citations
- For when the word you want is on the tip of your tongue
- Use Google Scholar for finding credible sources + info
- Alternatives to the word “said”
- Common errors in English usage
- Common English grammar errors to avoid
- The importance of the oxford comma
Other Helpful Resources
- How To: Become An Adult
- Really long and great masterpost that I use all the time
- Good advice for submitting art school portfolios
- Musical Theatre Auditions Masterpost
- A Self Help Masterpost of Masterposts
- Recovery resources
- Contraceptives Masterpost
- Essential Productivity Apps for any student
- How to keep your laptop in tip-top shape
I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW LIKE IT LOOKS LIKE DOCTOR WHO MIGHT ACTUALLY BECOME MY FAVORITE TV SHOW AGAIN PETER CAPALDI IS WONDERFUL I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT SEEING THE NEW EPISODES THIS HASN’T HAPPENED IN SO LONG?? LIKE I WILL PROBABLY ACTUALLY ENJOY THEM AND NOT JUST FEEL OBLIGATED TO WATCH IN HOPES IT MIGHT ACTUALLY BE GOOD THIS TIME ONLY TO BE DISAPPOINTED
I AM FULL OF OPTIMISM AND HOPE NOW
I AM ON A MISSION. I AM GOING TO FOLLOW EVERY FUCKING BLOG ON THIS SITE. ALL OF THEM. HELP ME ACHIEVE THIS GOAL, INTERNET STRANGERS, BY REBLOGGING THIS POST AND I WILL FOLLOW ALL WHO REBLOG IT. E V E R Y O N E.
Hey guys, this is my little bundle joy. Her name is Happy. A few days ago, her eye ruptured and she needs to get surgery to remove it. We’ve already spent A LOT of money on her shots and medicine and other things for her so we have no more money to pay for this surgery. I’ve set up a fundraiser to help her so if you can please, REBLOG this and let other people know. We do have rewards set up (I don’t believe in taking money and not giving anything in return) PLEASE HELP US. Here is the link:
Thanks so much everyone so far. I feel like I will only blog this until I can help her.
UPDATE: Happy’s eye has started bleeding again so we had to out a cone around her so she wouldn’t mess with it. Please spread this everywhere, If everyone donated $1, with tumblr being as big as it is… she can get her surgery. PLEASE SPREAD THIS.
REBLOGGING AGAIN BECAUSE KITTY. AND SHE NEEDS HELP.
I will literally reblog this every time I see this. Guys, you know I don’t usually mess with these things but I know this girl in real life and I know this is for real and not some sort of scam so please donate if you have the money
For the fans who’s time, effort, and passion for the show was ridiculed by Jeff Davis and the cast by reading their fanfics, mocking their hard work and love for the characters they portray, it’s time we say enough.
For the fan who asked the cast the innocent question of, “If you could ship literally any pairing that’s not currently canon on the show, who would you ship?” and was then mocked by Dylan O’Brien, who incredulously told the fan “This is the last question in the entire panel,” and was then mocked by Tyler Posey, who told the fan to “Think of a better question,” it’s time we say enough.
For the fans that were told that fanworks depicting two characters could not be signed, while fanworks depicting other pairings are acceptable, it’s time we say enough.
For the Teen Wolf fandom, who have been disrespected repeatedly by the Teen Wolf marketing team and Jeff Davis himself, for the fans that have been used by the powers that be to win polls and then mocked and humiliated once we’re no longer needed, for every person who passionately love this show and then has been shamed for that love by the cast and creators, it’s time we say enough.
It’s time to remind them why they need us.
We are calling for a general Teen Wolf Blackout for Monday’s episode. We need to reach the producers of the show in a way that they can understand.
What can you do?
- Do not tweet anything Teen Wolf related during Monday’s episode. Do not tweet the actors or the Teen Wolf account. Do not use any hashtags related to Teen Wolf.
- If you have a Nielsen box, do not watch Monday night’s episode on TV.
- Do not reblog the gifs or posts from the Teen Wolf tumblr account.
- Do not watch the episode on MTV.com.
- Reblog, reblog, reblog. Spread the word. Tell your friends, tweet the message prior to Monday’s episode.
And before anyone asks - this isn’t to make Sterek canon, this has nothing to do with any ship or character, this isn’t to ask for anything plot related in the show. This is a simple reminder that this show survives because of it’s fans, and we deserved to be treated with respect.
Spread the word.
I would actually suggest going a step further and doing a (temporary for some) boycott. Unlike their Facebook page, unfollow them on Twitter and Tumblr. Use that one site that allows you to look at websites without giving them the hit count (I can’t think of it right now, anyone know what i’m talking about?) to check for updates if you must. DVR does count in ratings, to an extent, so don’t forget about that. If you want to talk about what you’re doing and why you’re doing it, maybe the community can come up with a hashtag that doesn’t involve the words Teen Wolf, like fanficgate or something idk i am terrible at this kind of thing, somebody else some up with something catchy.